Legends of Erin

Legends of Erin
Book Cover

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Writing is a Funny Thing

 Hello everyone! I have another chapter in book three completed today, after many hours of work (whew) It is amazing how long the writing process takes, especially if you haven't written in a few days. I always find that I have to go and re-read over everything I had written the last time, get back into the world I have created, and then start to write. Quite time consuming.

 It is truly amazing, I find, how real my characters have become to me. Each has their own personalities, quarks, little things only they do, and I feel when I am writing them that I am not creating what happens, instead only listening and chronicling what has gone on in these characters lives. Especially when I think one thing is going to happen then when I write I find out that something totally different is actually occurring. Writing is a funny thing.

"It begins with a character, usually, and once he stands up on his feet and begins to move, all I can do is trot along behind him with a paper and pencil trying to keep up long enough to put down what he says and does." ~ William Faulkner ~

No comments:

Post a Comment